Depression counselling Nelson NZ
Do you suffer from depressive feelings?
Depression is a mood disorder that causes loss of interest or passion for life*. One of the strongest features of depression is the appearance of emotional flatness.
This means that the experience of feelings such as pleasure, joy and happiness partially or completely disappears. (Also the experience of sadness may disappear). With the absence of these feelings, the meaning of life may also disappear.
Perhaps you are already suffering from depression, or maybe you want to prevent your mood from spiralling down any further.
Symptoms of depression
Some possible symptoms of depression:
- Depressed mood during a large part of the day
- A change in appetite, weight gain or weight loss
- Less interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Restlessness, dejected or irritable feelings
- Disturbed sleep pattern, tiredness, insomnia or sleeping more than usual
- Fatigue or energy loss almost every day
- Difficulties with concentrating and making decisions
- Feelings of guilt, helplessness, anxiety, and / or fear
- Suicidal thoughts
Start to enjoy life again
Maybe you recognise some of the symptoms mentioned above, in yourself. Through counselling you can, step by step, start to enjoy life again.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to make an appointment.
MNZAC, Counsellor, Registered with NZAC
(*Only a doctor can diagnose depression and in some cases medication may be recommended.
If you are feeling suicidal now, pick up the phone and call a friend, family member or a national help-line.)
My name is Caroline. I offer individual and couples counselling.